GETTING STARTED AS A NEW CLIENT
- When you contact HSCA for the first time, we will ask you for contact information such as address and phone number.
- We will ask you for a brief description of what your concern is, what is bringing you to counseling at this time, so we can find the therapist that would best meet your needs.
- We will ask you what method of payment you will be using. If insurance is to be billed you will need your insurance card available. We always recommend you call your insurance company to determine if your insurance plan covers out-patient mental health care. Also, please see the "Covered Insurances" list under "Client Information" showing which therapists are covered by your insurance company.
- We will also get your email address to send you a link with all our new client forms. These forms must be completed before your initial appointment can begin.
Your First Appointment
- All registration and intake forms must be complete before your first appointment can begin.
- Bring your insurance card to this appointment if we are billing insurance.
- Co-pays, and Time-Of-Service fees are always due at the time of service so be prepared to make payment.
- Your therapist will spend this time getting to know you, reviewing your intake documents, and learning what your therapy goals are.
- You and your therapist will discuss treatment options and further appointments may be scheduled before you leave.